
Another week gone. I am so tired. I wish Dave was here. He would know what to do. Or at least be able to help me figure it out. I love him so much. Sometimes I just don't know if I can do this. When I first got here, I found a wounded bird. There was nothing I could do for the poor thing except give it water. It hopped into my lap and drank. I sat very still in the early morning desert air. Listening to the sprinklers. For close to two hours I sat still while the dying creature sat on my crossed legs. Then just as suddenly as I had found her on my porch she stopped moving. I gathered her in my hands, and placed her inside a small box. When the girls woke up, we went on a walk and buried her. We placed a lot of large-ish rocks on top. The three of us sat for a long time an just looked at the mountains around us. And as sad as it was that the poor creature had died. I was happy that she had chosen me. That she had not died alone..... To show me sometimes it is necessary for us all to be reminded that everything has a spirit. Have you had a wounded bird moment? I hope you do.....
I Love You Dave.
No comments:
Post a Comment